UK industry research shows the ubiquitous coffee mug to be one of the most popular promotional products.*
People like keeping them too, with 18% of survey respondents saying they’d kept a mug longest compared with 15% who’d held on to a USB stick and 12% a pen.
Another significant finding was that promotional merchandise can deliver a higher ROI than radio and outdoor advertising, and one that’s equal to TV and print advertising.
The cost per impression for a mug is £0.001, a mid-range pen £0.001, a calendar £0.004, a USB stick £0.005 and an umbrella £0.003. With an average cost per impression of £0.003, these figures compare extremely favourably with the cost per impression of other media, with TV coming in at £0.008, radio at £0.003 and advertising hoardings at £0.003.
Available in earthenware (most popular, cheapest and durable) or bone china (lighter, more expensive and very white), promotional mugs are:
- Practical… and will always be used.
- Visible… on desks 52 weeks of the year.
- Great value for money.
- Available in small quantities in a large range of shapes and colours.
- Ideal for full colour graphics owing to large display area.
Tips To Get Your Mug To Stand Out From The Crowd:
- Choose the colour carefully as it can actually affect the taste of your chosen drink!
- Get the design right – great looking mugs will be favoured over drab ones.
- Pick an unusual shape or design. Most mugs are same-ish so be different to get noticed.
- Use a presentation box to stop breakages, provide more branding opportunities and enhance the gift’s perceived value.
- Include a pack of promotional biscuits or chocolate… everyone loves chocolate!
* Information Source: BPMA
Arcadia offers a wide range of promotional mugs, and has the experience and creativity to make your promotional merchandise campaign stand out from the crowd.
Make Memorable Merchandise
Having worked in Promotional Merchandise for the last 25 years I have been exposed to all aspects of the industry. Starting out as an account manager working with some of the worlds leading brands, I have learnt to understand the needs of a client, manufacturing processes, and what it takes to deliver a successful promotional campaign that is on brand, on time and within a given budget.